7.30.2008

Bull Riding!

Yes, real bull riding - professional and everything. Okay, so I'll start from the beginning. Last week Anna and I decided to venture out to the Anoka County Fair to take in some bull riding. Something I've always thought would be fun - that or a rodeo - but never thought I would be able to talk someone into going with me. Turns out, Anna has been thinking the same thing. Man, you'd think we're related?!?! (for those reading this blog who don't know us, we actually are related. twice.)



Anyways, it was a blast! So much fun to watch those cowboys try and stay on for eight whole seconds, which turns out is quite a lot longer when you're on a bull. One thing we thought was kind of cool too was they have an organization called "Cowboys for Christ" which the announcer talked a little bit about before everything got under way. And before the event started we saw a sea of cowboy hats across the arena all head back to one of the trailers, gather in a circle and take their hats off to pray. I just thought it was neat to see that at a public event.

Well, here are the pictures I got. Not too many since I was too busy watching and oohing and awwwing after the cowboys would get thrown off and then jump right back up to get out of the bull's way! They've got to be some of the toughest people alive!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks dangerous.


- T

www.MostEmailedNews.com

Stacy said...

Fun! I went to the anoka county fair one year to watch the bull riding too! I thought it was really fun - such down-home americans! Plus the action was pretty cool. Glad that you liked it!

On Second Street said...

i was hoping for more cowboy pictures.....

Katie said...

You two are so funny! But hey hasn't everyone thought about going to bull riding?! Any way, glad it was fun, and thanks for blogging again, I've missed you! :)