12.13.2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I finally decided to get my Christmas decorations out this year. Better late than never, right? I was contemplating not decorating at all and just avoid the hassle of dragging it all out and then packing it all away again in a couple of weeks. But I was finding that I really wasn't in the Christmas spirit and was way behind on my shopping. Plus my judge told me that not decorating because of the hassle meant that I was really getting old. So I drug everything out, and here's what my house looks like this year.






I've also recently found some evidence that I have some unwanted house guests. So I had to set out some other "decorations" around the house.




The glue traps have been out for a week now, and I haven't caught anything yet and haven't seen anymore droppings. So hopefully they decided I meant business and it wasn't worth their time! I'll keep ya posted.

5 comments:

Micah said...

the decorations look so nice. I just love the merry christmas letters, super cute with the red accents under it. hopefully your visitors won't come back. yuck..I hate mice

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Was I with you when you got the Merry Christmas letters?! House looks really nice!!! You've got LOTS of lights on your tree- I needed more this year I think.
We had a little mouse running around too- he ate my expensive Swedish chocolate bar and made me so mad! Went around ALL the traps to get to it so I covered the whole drawer with about 7 traps and my mouse checker (aka. Carly) found him the next am.
I was noticing below your nativity that picture of me you, Katie and Stacy- haven't seen that in forever!! I sure remember that day. See you soon.....

The Olson's said...

Christa- Your house looks so cute!! I'm glad you decided to decorate! I feel it really helps get you in the Christmas spirit.

Not fun about the mice. Yuck. The first week I was home we caught five mice. Four in one day!! We are guessing it was a family... since then no mice! Thank goodness because my room is the only one down stairs... ish.

On Second Street said...

so- Christmas party at your house htis weekend????

ilona said...

decorating for christmas always helps the mood lift - it's putting everything away that does me in. your place looks very cozy and festive.
maybe the cold weather solved the mice problem for you?? you can always hope....