6.11.2008

fishing

Thought I'd post some pictures for ya'll from my weekend up north. Jordan flew in last Friday morning from Ft. Bragg, so I picked him up from the airport and we headed north. This winter while Jordan was in Iraq, he and Darby decided to go in together and buy a boat - great decision! I love it. It's a 20-foot Skeeter (means nothing to me either, I just think it looks cool) However, they've named it "Skeeter Done". Go figure.



Saturday morning the boys started getting the boat ready, they sent me to buy the bait (?!), and the three of us and mom (dad had a shooting school all day) were on the lake before noon. It was pretty windy, but Darby just calls that a good walleye chop. And he would know! There was a little sun here and there - enough so that both the boys and mom got pretty red. I'm not sure how I missed out on that. But I also missed quite a few fish. I fed about ten or twelve fish my minnows. But for the first time ever I baited my own hook - all day!



Mom, however, put on a fishing clinic for us. She won in all three categories: first fish, biggest fish, and most fish! She was awesome! Darby even started to get a little mad and had to change rods so he could feel the bite better. He started to catch up, but it wasn't enough to beat mom's total of five keepers! Of course I only got a picture of the smallest one.



The boys kept yelling at me when I wanted to take pictures of all the fish. "We're not tourists!" I ended up being the only one without a keeper for the day. I did catch three, but they were all just a little too little. Oh well. It was a great day on the lake! Thanks, boys, for letting girls in your boat!

4 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Wow- it's so nice to actually see pics and hear about your wkend! Sounds so fun to be out on a boat! We wanted to when I was home but just couldn't get it all in. Maybe next time. So- when you going up again? I'm gonna try hear pretty soon, Brent should be home soon.

Stacy said...

Way to go Marijean!! I bet she practices while you're gone! ;)

christa said...

I'm going up again on the 27th through the 5th. Arlen and Jace fly in on the 27th!!!

Katie said...

Tell your mom congrats! It must have been an impressive day, because my dad called me and told me about it... that Marijean had out-fished Darby! He made sure to point out that she was raised on the water and was fishing long before the three of you were born! :) Hopefully we will get up there sometime when Arlen and Jace are here!! Hope you had another great weekend!