5.27.2008

The Weekend







Guess I'm a little slow at this blogging business. Sadly, the best time for me to blog is at work, but my computer doesn't have a usb drive for me to upload my pictures easily. And when I'm at home on my computer I usually forget. Anyway...here I am ready to blog about last weekend!

Anna and I got out our green thumbs on Friday night and went to the nursery to pick out flowers! It was so much fun! We filled our two tin barrels - one with pansies (they might be petunias, I get them mixed up) and the other with impatients. And then we put a shepherd's hook with a hanging plant in the middle and then hung another hanging plant on the corner of the roof of the house. I added the flags to border the flower bed - since it was Memorial Day and all and the 4th is soon approaching! Actually the flags will probably stay all summer - I think they're approprite, holidays or not! Our lilacs were blooming too, so we picked some lilacs and some of the blooms from our flowering crab tree. They look nice in our fancy wine glass!

Saturday morning I cleaned and swept out the garage (in case it rains on Friday during our party - we'll have a shelter). Then when Anna got home from work we planted the flowers. I also repainted the railing to the front door and the trim on the front window. Anna did some work on Monday too, transplanted some hostas from the backyard to the front and then planted some tomatoes, onions and red peppers in the backyard. She's more the gardener than I am. I think it all just looks pretty - she actually knows what she's doing! But needless to say, Steph was pretty impressed when she came home from the weekend and saw all the changes!

4 comments:

On Second Street said...

look at you go, Martha!

Micah said...

Wow, it looks great! I just love this time of year and being able to spruce up the yard with flowers, adds such a nice touch!

Katie said...

The place looks fantastic!! Anna told me about the flower beds and was supposed to send me a pic on email, but once again you have proved to be way more organized than us "other" Block girls! :) It looks amazing.. oh and about Sprout, maybe a little miracle grow will help him... poor little guy! :)

christa said...

katie....why do you have an empty blog? get to work!!