7.17.2009

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

No, there was no crying involved this time, but I can't guarantee that won't happen next year. But since that's a whole year away, let's just not talk about it. Let's just talk about turning 29!!!

Let me start by saying I have the best roommate ever! When I left for work on Tuesday morning there was a bouquet of flowers, a plate of freshly baked cookes, a card and a gift waiting on the table for me!! Yum! So I packed the cookies in a ziplock bag and headed off to work. Well, when I got in my car.......another gift! What a great start to the day.


At work, my boss had brought in bagels for all of us to celebrate my birthday. We had a pretty easy day at work, and I was even able to leave early!! I had made plans to have dinner with Naphtali and Aidan, so we decided to go to Flame. We had an amazing dinner, even though they had taken our favorite salad off the menu. But Naphtali says she tried to recreate it at home and I'm sure it's just as good as theirs!


For my birthday, I got a free chocolate sundae. And I'm glad Aidan was along, because he finished it right off for me.



After dinner James stopped by to pick up Aidan and Naphtali and I headed off to a movie. What a fabulous evening, and in the middle of the week too. Thanks, Napht, for a great birthday!! You're so much fun to hang out with and have been a great friend over the years!

Well, that's not all, folks. I got home from the movie about 10:00 and quietly went to my room only to find ANOTHER gift laying on my bed. A cute little nighty to sleep in!! Thanks, Anna, you're the BEST!!

2 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Glad you had a great day! Wish we could've been there to celebrate with you!

ilona said...

christa - happy belated birthday!! naphtali said you'd had a fun night at the movies....
and i can't believe the trip with jace was your first time to como zoo??!!