6.18.2009

This and That

On Memorial Day weekend, which was the weekend after I came home from South Carolina (yes, May was a really busy month for me), I drove home for the weekend to see my cousin Katelyn graduate. Which makes me feel really old since I started babysitting her right after she was born! I didn't actually attend the graduation though. Mom and I were of the select few that stayed behind to get all the food and decorations ready. Man, was there a ton of food. But the party turned out really nice! Congrats, Kate!!



Also that weekend we had a bonfire with the Block cousins. It's so fun to see the kiddos getting so big already! Here's Abby and Greta, who are so cute and such good friends already. Speaking from experience, it's so nice to grow up being close friends with your cousins! Right, Jill? Katie??



The weekend following Memorial Day was another trip "up north" to cousin Steph's wedding. Again, I'm not the best at picture-taking. So my only picture was this - Keith was such a card that day and practically begged to take a picture with me. And, no, I don't know why I'm crouched down the way I am! I'm just weird, okay?




That pretty much sums up the month of May for me, so I think I've pretty much caught you up. Don't worry, there will be more to come. My nephew Jace is spending about five weeks with grandma and grandpa this summer and I'm headed up there this weekend to see everybody! Don't worry, I'll try not to leave you hanging for another month with no blogging.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I totally agree, there is nothing quite like growing up with your ousins as your best friends! Best part about it is that they still are your best friends for the rest of your life! And I love the picture of you and Keith! :) I remember babysitting Katelyn with you a time or two, crazy that she is graduating... every year I feel SO much older!!

Mom said...

OK, it's halfway thru July and you haven't posted anything about your June or July excitements!! Get busy :)