3.10.2009

Vacation? No Vacation?

Anna and I finally bit the bullet on Saturday and purchased our tickets to Fayeteville, NC. We're going to spend a long weekend in April with my brother, Jordan, at a friend's beach house (for free!) on the coast just north of Wilmington. I was soooo excited.

Until yesterday.

I got a call from Jordan at work asking if it was possible to switch the weekend we were coming. At first I was really irritated thinking he had a hockey tournament or something else going on that weekend. But it turns out he had just received orders 30 minutes prior that he was deploying to Iraq in ten days! TEN DAYS!! Another soldier that was scheduled to deploy got injured and Jordan is being sent to replace him. He'll be gone for approximately five months, so not quite as bad as the 15-month tour he finished just a year ago. But still.

So we're not sure at this point what's going to become of our little vacation weekend. I talked to the airline last night and it's going to cost just about $200 to change anything about our tickets. So possibly we'll still fly into Fayetteville, use Jordan's new truck (that he JUST purchased on Saturday), and spend the weekend at Myrtle Beach.



What a bummer though. So remember to keep Jordan in your prayers. He has a busy ten days -- or nine now -- ahead of him training and getting ready to ship out. He hasn't even worked on the equipment they're sending him over there to use.

And I'll for sure keep you posted on our vacation plans!

2 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Ohh that is SUCH a bummer...we will put him on our prayer list. And what a sweet truck!

Jill O. said...

Love the new layout!!! Love the pictures!!! Man, I am getting pretty stressed out with this whole blog thing...I can't find a layout I like...where do you get yours?!?