3.05.2009

Sewing 101

Here she is in all her glory - my fabulous sewing machine (thanks again, Jordan!). Everyone was oogling over her in my Sewing 101 class that I took on Tuesday evening at Joann Fabrics. I didn't know the difference. But she gets the job done. I'm sure I'll come to appreciate her more as I learn what she can really do.



So far I've only made a couple pillows. There was no official project for our class, we were just told to play around and try sewing seams. But Grandma Marge had some of us granddaughters sew some pillows one year long ago for our moms for Mother's Day, and I remembered the basic gist of it. So this was the final product.



I've heard Walmart has cheap patterns, and this weekend Joann's is having a sale on some of their patterns. So I think I'll pick up a few "easy" ones and see what I can come up with. I might also just sign up for Sewing 201 and get a little more experience. This could be fun!!

5 comments:

On Second Street said...

Nice Christa! Are you going to make yourself a bag next?

christa said...

not yet. my next project is going to be lounge pants.

Katie said...

I am so impressed with your pillows! I remember the lessons with Grandma, but I am absolutly certain that i could NOT make a pillow like that! Good luck with the lounge pants, maybe you could help me out with some curtains after that! ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice Christa! Love that wild pattern. Have fun making lounge pants.

ilona said...

good for you christa!! the pillows look great -