10.20.2010

Day Trip

On Saturday Hal and I took a little day trip up to Duluth. He wanted to watch the UMD Bulldogs football game since they are the nationally ranked number 1 team in Division II and had won the national championship. They didn't disappoint. In fact, we left the game in the middle of the third quarter when UMD was winning 35-0. It was getting a little boring.

But that gave us time to head down to the shores of Lake Superior! I had never actually been down to Canal Park, and it was so much fun. We just walked around, out on the pier to the lighthouse and just enjoyed the view. It was such a beautiful sunny day. We even got to see a ship going out to sea and going under the lift bridge. I thought Hal would think it's cool, but he just kept saying "haven't you ever seen a boat before?" Men! I thought it was cool.






7 comments:

Katie said...

Great pics!! And I ooh and aww over the ships everytime I see them! I think they are awesome too! :) Sounds like a fun day!

Stephanie said...

You look so happy! :) Duluth is my favorite, and I have seen a ship before and I still love seeing them go under the draw bridge in Duluth! :)

Anonymous said...

He looks like a keeper!

Malaika M said...

Well aren't you guys a stunning couple! :)
And, I have to disagree with your man- lift bridges are soo fascinating! I mean, I definitely couldn't make one that works...

superman said...

Great photos! both of you looks so happy!

nice blogs!


Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate

mj said...

Wow! nice shot! You looks so happy!



Alaska Hunting Guides

Anonymous said...

Your family picture looks so great and very inspiring me. What a beautiful family you have..more picture please!

Portable Generators | Florida Beach Weddings